Instantbird is an instant messaging client that allows you to talk to your contacts on all major social networks through a single comfortable user interface. It allows you to add your accounts on all the supported networks, and it is capable of importing your contacts from them all automatically. You can set your online status to available, unavailable or offline, too.
When you run the program for the first time, you are automatically asked to add one of your accounts on any of the supported networks, which you can do easily via the program's wizard, which guides you step by step. Afterwards, you can add more of your accounts with the same simplicity. On the program's main window, you can select whether to show your offline contacts or only those who are available for a conversation. Besides, you can see your online status at all times.
To better the program's functionality, it also supports add-ons and extensions, which allow you to personalize Instantbird in many ways. You can download a large number of them freely from Instantbird's website, and install them on the program. There are add-ons to add emoticons to your messages, to sort your contacts by status, and to get a notification when a contact changes his status, just to mention a few. There are also some themes you can download and install to change the program's look and feel.
To sum up, Instantbird is a versatile program that will certainly be very helpful to any person talking to their contacts very frequently, especially if they belong to different social networks.
- Supports all major social networks, such as AIM, Yahoo!, MSN, Google talk, Facebook, and Twitter
- You can change your online status very easily
- Supports add-ons and extensions that allow you to better the program's functionality in many ways
- Allows you to download and install themes to change the program's appearance
- The installation, configuration and management of the add-ons may turn to be difficult tasks, especially for new users